April Sewing Challenge Day 17. Freshly Squeezed Baprons

Welcome to Day 17 of my April Sewing Challenge.  I’ve set a goal to list one new item in my Etsy Shop for every weekday this month, and today I’ve got two items!

Say ‘Hello’ to the Bapron!  I was really short on time today so I needed a quick and easy sew.Image

This is a sweet little pattern for babies designed by Jessica at Craftiness Is Not Optional.  Jessica’s blog is one of the first sewing blogs I started following, and it’s still amongst my favourites!  

The “Bapron” is a cross between a bib and an apron, and is worn like a smock, easily staying in place over baby’s shoulders with ties in the back.


I love this retro, oranges print.  It’s super bright and funky, and perfect for meal time!  I used terrycloth for the back which is nice and thick and absorbent.


In addition to feeding time, the bapron can be great for teething babies, or droolers in general, as well as a smock for arts and crafts.   The pattern comes in two sizes:  6-18 months, and 24 months-3T.Image

I was out and about all day so I’m glad I was able to squeeze in a little bit of sewing time, and get these bad boys listed in the shop!  Thanks for popping by–see you tomorrow for Day 18! 

xo, Heather



April Sewing Challenge Day 12–Rainbows and Ruffles Outfit for Baby Part 2 of 2

Hello!  If you missed yesterday’s post, I introduced Part 1 of this outfit, the Open Back Baby Dress.  Today, I completed the bottoms, the Ruffled Diaper Cover, also by Tie Dye Diva.  And here they are, together in their cheerful glory!Image


The Ruffled Diaper Cover pattern is another great one, though I haven’t made as many as I would have liked.  With another little girl on the way, I hope to remedy that situation! For my taste it doesn’t get much cuter for babies than this vintage-y silhouette.  Chubby legs and arms and a bubble butt = heart melting.Image


The pattern comes together relatively quickly.  I’m stoked I have a serger–it makes finishing the ruffles a breeze.  The leg openings/casings are a bit fiddly but I had no major issues getting them to cooperate today. Image


As in the top, I used blue Kona cotton and a cotton/poly blend for the rainbow ruffles.Image


Hope you like them!  You just might be seeing a few more of these in the shop in the next few months…


Heather 🙂